Cycle Down South – MTB
This scenic two- or three-day, supported mountain bike trail near Hermanus follows a beautiful route through the foothills and plains of the southern Overberg, a region of remarkable natural and cultural interest.
It starts in Stanford and ends some hundred and thirty kilometres to the south east at Cape Agulhas lighthouse at the southern tip of Africa. This is what you can expect:
- Detailed route map and guide,
- Dirt roads, jeep tracks, custom built single track and beach riding,
- Trail is fully supported with all luggage transfers and transfers from Agulhas back to the start,
- Refreshment stops and back-up provided along the route,
- All meals provided, including a celebratory lunch on completion of trail at Cape Agulhas,
- Options of more technical riding or sticking to the quiet gravel farm roads,
- This trail is equally suitable for experienced riders looking for a challenge as it is for moderately fit intermediates wanting to enjoy the pristine landscape of an area little known to mountain bikers.
Spectacular fynbos and magnificent vistas, all framed between the Atlantic Ocean and the Overberg mountains.
OFF THE BEATEN TRACK
Total riding distance varies from 75 to 130 kilometers, with various route options and trail styles.
Overnights at very comfortable, fully equipped and catered accommodation.
Great meals prepared by passionate local foodies using fresh, locally sourced produce. Optionally, enjoy local Baardscheedersbos and Strandveld wines.